Plant Operations Director (Full Time)
Plant Operations Director
Plant Operations /
Arrow Senior Living Management wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part in a much larger story of residents' lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled memories with these respected generations. And because there is no greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you for your generosity.
1) Keep Quality Consistent : Ensure physical building and grounds are held to the highest standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and appearance
2) Be a Maintenance Manager . Oversee Plant Operations and Housekeeping departments, including budget, staffing, and compliance , so that each department operates efficiently and safely.
3) Be a Community Girder . Maintain resident satisfaction with community and their apartments and address requests in a timely manner.
4) Be a Safety Scout . Keep safety of employ ees, guests, and residents at top of mind, whether regarding potential environmental hazards or in relation to emergencies.
T his position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications , and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors .
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a corporate philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident ' s needs.
- Conduct daily inspection of building interior, exterior grounds and outside equipment.
- Maintain all areas of the Community and grounds including but not limited to the building, grounds, fences, parking areas, ditches, furniture, appliances, heating and air conditioning, and lift stations.
- Maintain all service equipment, power equipment, power tools, hand tools, and kitchen equipment according to manufacturer's guidelines.
- Develop, implement and maintain an approved preventative maintenance program for the facility.
- Maintain maintenance records on all maintenance services, esp. for individual apartments.
- Implement, in conjunction with Executive Director and Front Desk Staff, a work order system that tracks all repairs.
- Fulfill all work order requests per company guidelines and in a timely fashion.
- Communicate with residents the status of repairs and maintain awareness of resident satisfaction after service completion.
- Coordinate and provide full-service, on-call maintenance 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
- Produce housekeeping schedule, maintaining appropriate staff needs to ensure exceptional, timely service to residents.
- Report immediately to Executive Director any personnel and maintenance concerns.
- Assist in ensuring the safety of building for all residents, staff and guests.
- Remove snow and ice from all walkways as required.
- Maintain and control maintenance supply inventory, conducting inventory of all furniture, fixtures and equipment both monthly and annually.
- Operate department within budgetary guidelines and communicate with the Executive Director to make recommendations for capital expenditures.
- Listen and respond to resident complaints and suggestions regarding building maintenance and appearance.
- Supervise and monitor all maintenance staff as well as contracting services.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community.
- Participate in resident orientations by explaining amenities, routines, and expectations of the Community and your department.
- Observe residents' ability to perform daily ADLs and social skills, communicate potential difficulties or opportunities to the appropriate team member.
- When called upon, participate in care planning and other meetings.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- A certification and experience in HVACC highly recommended.
- Thorough knowledge of construction, refinishing, painting, plumbing, floor/carpet care, refurbishing required. Landscaping experience a plus.
- Must have at least two (2) years of experience in apartment or other multiple unit maintenance with supervisory experience.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age.
- Be able to meet physical requirements as detailed below . P hysical health shall be verified by a health screening performed by a physician not more than six (6) months prior to or seven (7) days after employment.
- Demonstrates freedom from pulmonary tuberculosis within seven (7) days of employment and annually thereafter.
- Must be criminally cleared
- Experience in senior housing is preferred.
- Has skills, knowledge and competency in the areas of leadership and supervision.
- Proficient written and oral communication skills required.
- A working knowledge of current OSHA regulations.
- Must have a clean driving record as per the insurance carrier's policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate in person and through written correspondence, and navigate visually. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, and stooping all day. This position also requires employee to be able to retrieve items from storage, including overhead bins or cabinets. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items more than 50 pounds and must push/pull a wheeled maintenance cart. The use of a ladder is required. The job functions require both indoor and outdoor work, including in periods of inclement weather.
© Arrow Senior Living Management, LLC Rev. 12 / 15 /2021